Friday 9 September 2011

Part Six



AUSTRIA IS ON!!!!


I never thought id hear my self say that but i have booked the tickets and I'm off in a little over 2 weeks!. What better way to recharge the battery then a hammering of Austrian culture.


My Austrian list will be, at last, ticked off!

The trip consists of  Munich, Berchesgarten, Salzburg, Zell am See and Innsbruck and any other stops along the way.
After doing my extensive research...(Sound of Music, Band of Brothers and Wikipedia) I am well up to date with Austria.
I have a companion coming along with me, who I like to think is my driver, but im sure he would disagree.
So before my next two years of potentially being skint again I thought I would get some travelling done asap and so time to make some stories (see Part 1).


Speaking of uni and going back I have decided to do things a little differently this time around. My decision is based on the first time round and me missing the south west so much. I feel I wasted my time on certain things and didn't really take in all of the Falmouth and Cornwall. To many nights spent getting drunk and the days after recovering from those drunken escapades. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy those nights out but I feel I didn't appreciated my time as much.

ANYWAY back to the Austria trip, I've decided that the cheapest way to do tings is to stay in campsites all along the route! I have picked out some of the best (I hope) camping spots in Austria. The best by far is the one at Zell am See. Its right on the lake and has some of the best views of the mountains and the glaciers.

I think the best thing about this trip is that its gonna be on our own terms, we have a car, money and the desire to stop where we damn well please!!! Im gonna have to get pictures of this journey as i think its gonna unmissable! I dont want to get to 65 and have forgotten about it!!!

I sit here writing this (with porridge in one hand) and picturing me getting up in the morning and taking a swim in the crystal clear waters of the lake and chowing down on some of the finest dishes Austria has to offer!!! What more can I guy ask for!!

Any way I will let you know how it goes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Sites